Protection against errors & omissions is more important than ever because lawsuits against notaries are becoming more common each day. Make sure this doesn't happen to you.
Actual Case: It wasn’t the notary’s fault, but it cost him $11,500.00 anyway. It was a routine transaction, and there was no way the notary could have known the signatures were forgeries. But they were. And, in the eyes of the court, the notary was at fault. This time the penalty was $8,000.00 in damages and $3,500.00 in court costs. Unfair? Sure. But, for a notary public in a litigious society like ours, it’s just part of the territory.
FORTUNATELY, WE'VE GOT THE TERRITORY COVERED.
No one can say whether you’ll ever be faced with a situation like the one just described but you can protect yourself with errors & omissions coverage. But, as a notary you are vulnerable. And, with major judgments against notaries now reaching tens of thousands of dollars, it’s important to have someone in your corner should you find yourself faced with a lawsuit.
Our Notary Errors & Omissions Insurance Policy Benefits:
- No deductible
- Covers defense costs
- Protects against errors & omissions
- Various limits of insurance available at nominal premiums
- Additional notaries covered automatically under blanket policy
- Employers covered under blanket policy at no additional charge
- Protection against liability the entire term of your notary commission